View large and complex models up to 2GB
Complex models like full processing plants, entire airports or any large-scale buildings (including fittings) can be viewed on BIM Holoview without the frustration of being limited to small size limits. Through Azure Remote Rendering BIM Holoview enables models of up to 2GB to be viewed without performance degradation or the need for sectioning, filtering or polygon reduction.
The model below is 11 million polygons and 380mb file size and is running with no performance degradation on the HoloLens using BIM Holoview and Azure Remote Rendering.
Position a model to within 1cm (1/4 inch) of its actual real-world location
BIM Holoview for HoloLens 2 has been designed to combine accuracy with ease of use. World locking combined with QR code detection provides the ability to accurately position a model to within 1cm of its actual location in the real world.
With the HoloLens 2, QR code detection is built into the device which gives very accurate positional information. Using BIM Holoview you can load and position models to within 1cm of the top left corner of the QR code. The accuracy of model placement is further reinforced by World Locking support which prevents drift as you move through your building.
Other features valued by our customers
Feedback we frequently receive from users is that they find BIM Holoview very easy and intuitive to use. In addition, BIM Holoview provides:
- Easy upload of files to our web service - Autodesk 3D Revit® and Navisworks®, or other common CAD software such as SketchUp, MicroStation, SolidWorks, Tekla Structures and Rhino
- Quick conversion into HoloLens compatible format
- No loss of details during conversion
- Support for large/complex Revit® and Navisworks® models to virtually an unlimited size through Azure Remote Rendering
- Options to quickly hide objects or make them transparent
- Plug-ins for Autodesk 3D Revit® and Navisworks®
- Property display of BIM objects
- Positioning and alignment options for using full scale models on-site
- Adjustable viewing distances for large models without compromising performance
- Scaled down table-top display of models, either solid for a realistic view of a model or transparent to look inside
- Colors applied in Navisworks® appear in HoloLens
- Option to automatically color render models as created in Revit®
- Virtual measuring tape